- Your outdoor unit must be kept clear of vegetation, leaves and debris. In the winter, make sure snow is cleared from all sides and from around and below the unit.
- Turn off power to the inside unit and clean the filters regularly. Dirty filters may reduce the performance of the heat pump.
Maintenance your contractor may offer
(may differ depending on the contractor)
- An annual maintenance check of the complete system (recommended).
- Clean the outdoor coils (during your annual maintenance). Dirty filters, coils and fans reduce airflow through the heat pump’s system.
- Replace any filters that need changing.
- Check all electrical connections.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils.
- Inspect refrigeration lines.
Download Heat Pump 101 Printable Guide